***This is the African Accounting Academy for Kenya. Please make sure you are on the correct page for your country. If you are not, return to the course page.***
Receive access to the full African Accounting Academy. This includes:
- All 15 modules listed below (including Excel and QuickBooks), which includes many exercises, practical case studies, videos, assignments (graded) and a final assessment
- Access to all course materials for a 6 month period
- Certificate of Completion (if you pass the final assessment)
- Become a member of the Haystack Database where you will be marketed to employers (once you pass the final assessment)
- Access to a question and answer forum to network with the facilitators and other students
Please note, you will need the following to complete the course:
- A laptop or desktop computer
- Internet connection (an internet connection is required to access the material)
- Pen, paper, and calculator to complete some of the exercises
Learn about the elements of the financial statements.
Learn about transactions, journal entries, debits and credits.
Become a debit and credit expert by learning about advanced accounting transactions.
Learn about the different risks that impact a business and what it means for you, as an accountant at an organization.
Learn how to minimize financial statement and operational risks by understanding internal controls.
Learn about the cash receipts process. When a company receives a payment, how do we account for that?
Learn about the cash disbursements process. When a company makes a payment, how do we account for that?
Learn about the bank reconciliation process but more importantly, learn how to perform a bank reconciliation.
What happens at the end of the month for the accounting team? In this lesson, we learn about the month-end procedures.
Learn the best ways to conduct yourself professionally in the workplace.
Learn about the different taxes that impact companies in Kenya: corporate income tax, VAT, withholding, district taxes and payroll deductions.
Learn the basics of QuickBooks Online. Enter invoices, bills and journal entries, just like you’ll need to do at your job!