Last updated: January 2019.
These Terms constitute a binding agreement between You and FinanceYOU International Inc. (operating as “Haystack” or “We” or “Us” or “Our”), and are deemed accepted by You each time that You use or access the Site or Services. If You do not accept the Terms stated here, do not use the Site and the Services.
The Services are defined as the applications and services offered by Haystack, including an on-line service to post and search employment opportunities and including any application accessed through the Facebook Platform and/or any mobile or other interface that allows You to access such application (collectively, the “Services”). The Site also include tools such as online communities and communication tools designed to facilitate valuable professional and personal networking (“Forum”) among users of the Site (“Users”). The Sites also allow users to create individual profiles, which may include personal information (”Profiles”), and to make these Profiles, or aspects thereof, public. In addition, we may collect information about You from publicly-available websites and may use this information to create a Profile or append it to an existing Profile.
We may revise these Terms at any time by posting an updated version to this Web page. You should visit this page periodically to review the most current Terms because they are binding on You. Users who violate these Terms may have their access and use of the Site suspended or terminated, at our discretion.
You must be 16 years of age or older to visit or use any Site in any manner, and, if under the age of 18 or the age of majority as that is defined in Your jurisdiction, must use any Site under the supervision of a parent, legal guardian, or other responsible adult.
You may not use the Site’s Content or Profiles to determine a consumer’s eligibility for: (a) credit or insurance for personal, family, or household purposes; (b) employment; or (c) a government license or benefit.
- Use of Our Content.
Haystack authorizes You, subject to these Terms, to access and use the Site and the Content (as defined below) and to download and print a single copy of the content available on or from the Site solely for Your personal, non-commercial use. The contents of the Site, such as designs, text, graphics, images, video, information, logos, button icons, software, audio files and other content (collectively, “Content”), are protected under copyright, trademark and other laws. All Content is the property of Haystack or its licensors. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all content on the Site is the exclusive property of Haystack and is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws. Unauthorized use of the Haystack Content may violate these laws and/or applicable communications regulations and statutes, and is strictly prohibited. You must preserve all copyright, trademark, service mark and other proprietary notices contained in the original Content on any authorized copy You make of the Content.
Any code that Haystack creates to generate or display any Haystack Content or the pages making up any Site is also protected by Haystack’s copyright and You may not copy or adapt such code.
You agree not to sell or modify the Haystack Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the Haystack Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose, in connection with products or services that are not those of the Site, in any other manner that is likely to cause confusion among consumers, that disparages or discredits Haystack or its licensors, that dilutes the strength of Haystack’s or its licensor’s property, or that otherwise infringes Haystack’s or its licensor’s intellectual property rights. You further agree to in no other way misuse Haystack Content. The use of the Content on any other application, web site or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited. Any code that Haystack creates to generate or display any Content or the pages making up any Application or Service is also protected by Haystack’s copyright and you may not copy or adapt such code.
- Use of the Haystack Services.
The job posting, resume database (“Haystack Resume Database”) and other features of the the Site may be used only by individuals seeking employment and/or career information and by employers seeking employees. In addition, Haystack Profiles may be used by individuals for permitted professional and personal networking purposes. Your use of the Services is also subject to any other contracts You may have with Haystack. In the case of any conflict between these Terms and any contract you have with Haystack, the terms of your contract will prevail. The term “post” as used herein shall mean information that You submit, publish or display on a Haystack Site.
All Haystack Users agree to not:
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Site’s infrastructure;
- use any device to navigate or search the Site other than the tools available on the Site, generally available third party web browsers, or other tools approved by Haystack;
- use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods;
- violate or attempt to violate the security of the Site including attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting;
- reverse engineer or decompile any parts of the Site;
- aggregate, copy or duplicate in any manner any of the Content or information available from the Site, including expired job postings, other than as permitted by these Terms;
- frame or link to any Content or information available from the Site, unless permitted by these Terms;
- post any content or material that promotes or endorses false or misleading information or illegal activities, or endorses or provides instructional information about illegal activities or other activities prohibited by these Terms, such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, providing or creating computer viruses or pirating media;
- post any resume or Profile or apply for any job on behalf of another party;
- defer any contact from an employer to any agent, agency, or other third party;
- set more than one copy of the same resume to public at any one time;
- share with a third party any login credentials to the Site;
- access data not intended for You or logging into a server or account which You are not authorized to access;
- post or submit to the Site any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or information which is not Your own;
- post content that contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images;
- solicit passwords or personally identifiable information from other Users;
- delete or alter any material posted by any other person or entity;
- harass, incite harassment or advocate harassment of any group, company, or individual;
- send unsolicited mail or email, make unsolicited phone calls or send unsolicited faxes promoting and/or advertising products or services to any User, or contact any users that have specifically requested not to be contacted by You;
- attempt to interfere with service to any User, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, “flooding”, “spamming”, “mailbombing” or “crashing”;
- promote or endorse an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such by as providing or making available pirated computer programs or links to them, providing or making available information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing or making available pirated music or other media or links to pirated music or other media files; or
- use the Haystack Services for any unlawful purpose or any illegal activity, or post or submit any content, resume, or job posting that is defamatory, libelous, implicitly or explicitly offensive, vulgar, obscene, threatening, abusive, hateful, racist, discriminatory, of a menacing character or likely to cause annoyance, inconvenience, embarrassment, anxiety or could cause harassment to any person or include any links to pornographic, indecent or sexually explicit material of any kind, as determined by Haystack’s discretion.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil and/or criminal liability. Haystack will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting Users who are involved in such violations.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your account, Profile and passwords, as applicable. You may not share Your password or other account access information with any other party, temporarily or permanently, and You shall be responsible for all uses of Your Haystack Site registrations and passwords, whether or not authorized by You. You agree to immediately notify Haystack of any unauthorized use of Your account, Profile, or passwords.
- Additional Terms Applicable to Employers.
Employers are solely responsible for their postings on the Site. Haystack is not to be considered to be an employer with respect to Your use of the Site and Haystack shall not be responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason, made by any entity posting jobs on the Site.
You understand and acknowledge that if You cancel Your employer account or Your employer account is terminated, all Your account information from Haystack, including saved resumes, network contacts, and email mailing lists, will be marked as deleted in and may be deleted from Haystack’s databases. Information may continue to be available for some period of time because of delays in propagating such deletion through Haystack’s web servers.
In order to protect our Haystack Users from commercial advertising or solicitation, Haystack reserves the right to restrict the number of e-mails which an employer may send to Users to a number which Haystack deems appropriate in its sole discretion. You shall use the Haystack Forum and Profiles in accordance with all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
Candidate profiles derived from User Content may also be made available through the Site. Haystack does not make any representations regarding the accuracy or validity of such derived works or their appropriateness for evaluation by employers. Derived profiles may vary significantly from User Content.
A Job posting may not contain:
- any hyperlinks, other than those specifically authorized by Haystack;
- misleading, unreadable, or “hidden” keywords, repeated keywords or keywords that are irrelevant to the job opportunity being presented, as determined in Haystack’s reasonable discretion;
- the names, logos or trademarks of unaffiliated companies other than those of your customer save where expressly agreed by Haystack;
- the names of colleges, cities, states, towns or countries that are unrelated to the posting;
- more than one job or job description, more than one location, or more than one job category, unless the product so allows;
- inaccurate, false, or misleading information; and
- material or links to material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or other manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18.
You may not use Your Haystack job posting or Profiles to:
- post jobs in a manner that does not comply with applicable local, national and international laws, including but not limited to laws relating to labour and employment, equal employment opportunity and employment eligibility requirements, data privacy, data access and use, and intellectual property;
- post jobs that require citizenship of any particular country or lawful permanent residence in a country as a condition of employment, unless otherwise required in order to comply with law, regulations, executive order, or federal, state or local government contract;
- post jobs that include any screening requirement or criterion in connection with a job posting where such requirement or criterion is not an actual and legal requirement of the posted job;
- with respect to Profiles, determine a consumer’s eligibility for: (a) credit or insurance for personal, family, or household purposes; (b) employment; or (c) a government license or benefit;
- sell, promote or advertise products or services;
- post any franchise, pyramid scheme, “club membership”, distributorship, multi-level marketing opportunity, or sales representative agency arrangement;
- post any business opportunity that requires an upfront or periodic payment or requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents;
- post any business opportunity that pays commission only unless the posting clearly states that the available job pays commission only and clearly describes the product or service that the job seeker would be selling;
- except where allowed by applicable law, post jobs which require the applicant to provide information relating to his/her (i) racial or ethnic origin (ii) political beliefs (iii) philosophical or religious beliefs (iv) membership of a trade union (v) physical or mental health (vi) sexual life (vii) the commission of criminal offences or proceedings or (vii) age.
Haystack reserves the right to remove any job posting or content from the Site, which in the reasonable exercise of Haystack’s discretion, does not comply with the above Terms, or if any content is posted that Haystack believes is not in the best interest of Haystack.
If at any time during Your use of the Haystack Services, You made a misrepresentation of fact to Haystack or otherwise misled Haystack in regards to the nature of Your business activities, Haystack will have grounds to terminate Your use of the Haystack Services.
Use of the Haystack Resume Database by Employers
You shall use the Haystack Resume Database as provided in these Terms and in any contract You have with Haystack. You shall use the Haystack Resume Database in accordance with all applicable privacy and data protection laws, and You agree You shall not further disclose any of the data from Haystack Resume Database to any third party, unless You are an authorized recruitment agency, staffing agency, advertising or other agency or using the resume explicitly for employment purposes.
You shall take appropriate physical, technical, and administrative measures to protect the data You have obtained from Haystack Resume Database from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. You shall not share Resume Database seat-based license login credentials with any other party, nor share Resume Database pay-per-view license login credentials with any party.
The Haystack Resume Database shall not be used:
- for any purpose other than as an employer seeking employees, including but not limited to advertising promotions, products, or services to any resume holders;
- to make unsolicited phone calls or faxes or send unsolicited mail, email, or newsletters to resume holders or to contact any individual unless they have agreed to be contacted (where consent is required or, if express consent is not required, who has not informed you that they do not want to be contacted); or
- to source candidates or to contact job seekers or resume holders in regards to career fairs and business opportunities prohibited by Section 3.
- Additional terms applicable to Job Seekers.
When You register with the Site, You will be asked to create an account and provide Haystack with certain information including, without limitation, a valid email address (Your “Information”).
Any Profile You submit must be accurate and describe You, an individual person. The Profile requires standard fields to be completed and you may not include in these fields any telephone numbers, street addresses, email addresses or other means of contacting You, other than Your last name and URLs.
You acknowledge and agree that You are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any resume or material contained therein placed by You on the Site.
You understand and acknowledge that You have no ownership rights in Your account and that if You cancel Your Haystack account or Your Haystack account is terminated, all Your account information from Haystack, including resumes, Profiles, cover letters, saved jobs, questionnaires will be marked as deleted in and may be deleted from Haystack’s databases and will be removed from any public area of the Site. Information may continue to be available for some period of time because of delays in propagating such deletion through Haystack’s web servers. In addition, third parties may retain saved copies of Your Information.
Haystack reserves the right to delete Your account and all of Your Information after a significant duration of inactivity.
- User Content and Submissions.
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, advertisements, messages or other materials submitted, posted or displayed by You on or through a Haystack Site (“User Content”) is the sole responsibility of the person from which such User Content originated. Haystack claims no ownership or control over any User Content. You or a third party licensor, as appropriate, retain all patent, trademark and copyright to any User Content you submit, post or display on or through Haystack and you are responsible for protecting those rights, as appropriate. By submitting, posting or displaying User Content on or through Haystack, you grant Haystack a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, adapt, distribute and publish such User Content through Haystack. In addition, by submitting, posting or displaying User Content which is intended to be available to the general public, you grant Haystack a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, adapt, distribute and publish such User Content for the purpose of promoting Haystack and its services. Haystack will discontinue this licensed use within a commercially reasonable period after such User Content is removed from Haystack. Haystack reserves the right to refuse to accept, post, display or transmit any User Content in its sole discretion.
You also represent and warrant that You have the right to grant, or that the holder of any rights, including moral rights in such content has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to You the right to grant, the license stated above. If You post User Content in any public area of the Site, You also permit any User to access, display, view, store and reproduce such User Content for personal use. Subject to the foregoing, the owner of such User Content placed on the Site retains any and all rights that may exist in such User Content. Haystack may review and remove any User Content that, in its sole judgment, violates these Terms, violates applicable laws, rules or regulations, is abusive, disruptive, offensive or illegal, or violates the rights of, or harms or threatens the safety of, Users of the Site. Haystack reserves the right to expel Users and prevent their further access to the Site and/or use of Haystack Services for violating the Terms or applicable laws, rules or regulations. Haystack may take any action with respect to User Content that it deems necessary or appropriate in its sole discretion if it believes that such User Content could create liability for Haystack, damage Haystack’s brand or public image, or cause Haystack to lose Users or (in whole or in part) the services of its ISPs or other suppliers.
Haystack does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of User Content, derivative works from User Content, or any other communications posted by Users nor does Haystack endorse any opinions expressed by Users. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other Users will be at Your own risk.
The following is a partial list of User Content that is prohibited on the Application. The list below is for illustration only and is not a complete list of all prohibited User Content.
- is implicitly or explicitly offensive, such as User Content that engages in, endorses or promotes racism, bigotry, discrimination, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses, incites harassment or advocates harassment of any group or individual;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing, “spamming” or “phishing”;
- promotes or endorses false or misleading information or illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes or endorses an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing or making available pirated computer programs or links to them, providing or making available information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing or making available pirated music or other media or links to pirated music or other media files;
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images;
- displays or links to pornographic, indecent or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- provides or links to material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual, violent or other manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18; or
- provides instructional information about illegal activities or other activities prohibited by these Terms, including without limitation, making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, providing or creating computer viruses or pirating any media; and
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information from other Users.
Any Profile You submit must describe You, an individual person. Examples of inappropriate and prohibited Profiles include, but are not limited to, Profiles that purport to represent an animal, place, inanimate object, fictional character, or real individual that is not You.
You may not include, in any User Content submitted to Haystack Forum, information that may be interpreted as a direct solicitation, advertisement or recruitment for an available job position directed to individuals seeking employment on either a full time or part time basis. In order to protect our Haystack Community Users from commercial advertising or solicitation, Haystack reserves the right to restrict the number of e-mails or other messages which a User may send to other Users to a number which Haystack deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
Profiles derived from User Content may also be made available through the Site. Haystack does not make any representations regarding the accuracy or validity of such derived works or their appropriateness for evaluation by employers. Derived Profiles may differ significantly from User Content.
We appreciate hearing from our Users and welcome Your comments regarding our services and the Site. Please be advised, however, that our policy does not permit us to accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, inventions or materials other than those which we have specifically requested. While we do value Your feedback on our services, please be specific in Your comments regarding our services and do not submit creative ideas, inventions, suggestions, or materials. If, despite our request, You send us creative suggestions, ideas, drawings, concepts, inventions, or other information (collectively the “Submission”), the Submission shall be the property of Haystack. None of the Submission shall be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on our part and we shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submission. Haystack shall own exclusively all now known or later discovered rights to the Submission and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Submission for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to You or any other person.
- Payments and Refunds.
Please review our payment and refund policy here.
- Identification Of Agent To Receive Notification And Elements Of Notification Of Claimed Copyright or Trademark Infringement.
If You believe that Your copyrighted work or trademark has been uploaded, posted or copied to the Site and is accessible on such Haystack Site in a way that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement, please contact Haystack by email at info[a]haystackafrica.com
Need help with a job seeker issue? Contact us now.
- Policy Regarding Termination Of Users Who Infringe The Copyright Or Other Intellectual Property Rights Of Others.
Haystack respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our Users and content partners to do the same. The unauthorized posting, reproduction, copying, distribution, modification, public display or public performance of copyrighted works constitutes infringement of the copyright owners’ rights. As a condition to Your use of the Site, You agree not to use the Site to infringe the intellectual property rights of others in any way. Haystack reserves the right to terminate the accounts of any Users, and block access to the Site of any Users who are repeat infringers of the copyrights, or other intellectual property rights, of others. Haystack reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take these actions to limit access to the Site and/or terminate the accounts of any time, in our sole discretion Users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement, with or without notice, and without any liability to the User who is terminated or to the User whose access is blocked. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that You believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against You, please contact Haystack as set out in Section 6 above.
- Haystack’s Liability.
The Site act as, among other things, venues for (i) employers to post job opportunities and search for and evaluate job candidates and (ii) candidates to post resumes and Profiles and search for and evaluate job opportunities. Haystack does not screen or censor the listings, including Profiles offered. Haystack is not involved in, and does not control, the actual transaction between employers and candidates. As a result, Haystack is not responsible for User Content, the quality, safety or legality of the jobs or resumes posted, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of employers to offer job opportunities to candidates or the ability of candidates to fill job openings and Haystack makes no representations about any jobs, resumes or User Content on the Site. While Haystack reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove User Content, job postings, resumes or other material from the Site from time to time, Haystack does not assume any obligation to do so and to the extent permitted by law, disclaims any liability for failing to take any such action.
Haystack Forum provides a venue for individuals to network for professional and personal purposes and Haystack does not screen or censor the Profiles or User Content on the Site. Haystack is not involved in the actual communications between Users. As a result, Haystack has no control over the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Profiles or User Content submitted on the Site and makes no representations about any Profile or User Content on the Site.
Note that there are risks, including but not limited to the risk of physical harm, of dealing with strangers, underage persons or people acting under false pretenses. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom You come in contact through the Site. By its very nature other people’s information may be offensive, harmful or inaccurate, and in some cases will be mislabeled or deceptively labeled. We expect that You will use caution and common sense when using the Site.
Because User authentication on the Internet is difficult, Haystack cannot and does not confirm that each User is who they claim to be. Because we do not and cannot be involved in User-to-User dealings or control the behavior of participants on the Site, in the event that You have a dispute with one or more Users, You release Haystack (and our agents and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential and direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The Site and the Haystack Content may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. Haystack makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Site or the Haystack Content. The use of all Haystack Sites and the Haystack Content is at Your own risk. Changes are periodically made to Haystack Sites and may be made at any time. Haystack cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Site. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by a User from Haystack or through or from the Site shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
Haystack encourages You to keep a back-up copy of any of Your User Content. To the extent permitted by law, in no event shall Haystack be liable for the deletion, loss, or unauthorized modification of any User Content.
Haystack does not provide or make any representation as to the quality or nature of any of the third party products or services purchased through the Site, or any other representation, warranty or guaranty. Any such undertaking, representation, warranty or guaranty would be furnished solely by the provider of such third party products or services, under the terms agreed to by the provider.
If You believe that something on the Site violates these Terms please contact our designated agent set forth in Section 6 above.
If notified of any content or other materials which allegedly do not conform to these Terms, Haystack may in its sole discretion investigate the allegation and determine whether to remove or request the removal of the content. Haystack has no liability or responsibility to Users for performance or nonperformance of such activities.
- Disclaimer of Warranty.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, HAYSTACK DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR ANY HAYSTACK SERVICES WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SITE AND ITS SERVERS ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE HAYSTACK CONTENT RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA OR ANY OTHER COSTS, HAYSTACK IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS. THE SITE AND HAYSTACK CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. HAYSTACK, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. HAYSTACK MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE HAYSTACK CONTENT, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS.
- Disclaimer of Consequential Damages.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL HAYSTACK, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THE SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA, LOST EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE AND THE HAYSTACK CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT HAYSTACK IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Limitation of Liability.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, HAYSTACK’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR YOUR USE OF THE HAYSTACK CONTENT, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED $100.
- Links to Other Sites.
The Site contain links to third party Web sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to You and not as an endorsement by Haystack of the contents on such third-party Web sites. Haystack is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party Web sites. If You decide to access linked third-party Web sites, You do so at Your own risk.
- No Resale or Unauthorized Commercial Use.
You agree not to resell or assign Your rights or obligations under these Terms. You also agree not to make any unauthorized commercial use of the Site.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Haystack, its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from (i) any User Content or other material You provide to the Site, (ii) Your use of any Haystack Content, or (iii) Your breach of these Terms. Haystack shall provide notice to You promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding.
These Terms are governed by the internal substantive laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Jurisdiction for any claims arising under this agreement shall lie exclusively with the courts having jurisdiction within the judicial district of Toronto, Province of Ontario. If any provision of these Terms are found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. In addition, Haystack’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms shall not be deemed as a waiver of such term or otherwise affect Haystack’s ability to enforce such term at any point in the future.
Except as expressly provided in an additional agreement, additional Terms for certain areas of the Site, a particular “Legal Notice,” or software license or material on particular pages on the Site, these Terms constitute the entire agreement between You and Haystack with respect to the use of the Site. No changes to these Terms shall be made except by a revised posting on this page.
- Mobile Services.
If You use the Site through a mobile device, You agree that information about Your use of the Site through Your mobile device and carrier may be communicated to us, including but not limited to Your mobile carrier, Your mobile device, or Your physical location. In addition, use of the Site through a mobile device may cause data to be displayed on and through Your mobile device. By accessing the Site using a mobile device, You represent that to the extent You import any of Your Haystack data to Your mobile device that You have authority to share the transferred data with Your mobile carrier or other access provider. In the event You change or deactivate Your mobile account, You must promptly update Your Haystack account information to ensure that Your messages are not sent to the person that acquires Your old number and failure to do so is Your responsibility. You acknowledge You are responsible for all charges and necessary permissions related to accessing the Site through Your mobile access provider. Therefore, You should check with Your provider to find out if the Site are available and the terms for these services for Your specific mobile devices.
By using any downloadable application to enable Your use of the Site, You are explicitly confirming Your acceptance of the terms of the End User License Agreement associated with the Application provided at download or installation, or as may be updated from time to time.
- Term and Termination.
These Terms will remain in full force and effect while You are a User of the Site. Haystack reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pursue all of its legal remedies, including but not limited to removal of Your User Content from the Site and immediate termination of Your registration with or ability to access the Site and/or any other services provided to You by Haystack, upon any breach by You of these Terms or if Haystack is unable to verify or authenticate any information You submit to a Haystack Site registration. Even after You are no longer a User of the Site, certain provisions of these Terms will remain in effect, including Sections 1, 2, 5, 7 through 16, inclusive.